recent operamission posts
- RT @gaspsiagore: From Speight Jenkins at Seattle Opera: "The news that San Diego Opera is closing its doors has come as a (cont) http://t.c… ... 2 weeks ago
- RT @gaspsiagore: Early music's alive and well in Jamaica Queens, @5BMF hosts 'Les Délices' tonight – 5bmf.org/2014/03/les-de… join me @ptjone… ... 1 month ago
- RT @gaspsiagore: 7:30 tonight at the @GershwinHotel: Biber, Castello, Falconieri, and Rosenmüller – i90collective.com ... 2 months ago
- RT @BBC_Culture: Handel's opera Agrippina is like a House of Cards for ancient Rome. @zwoolfe reviews @operamission's new production: http:… ... 2 months ago
- RT @nytimesmusic: Opera Review: ‘Agrippina’ by Operamission Sees Rome in a Satiric Light nyti.ms/1bimiQD ... 2 months ago
Author Archives: operamission
Handel’s Agrippina – performances Saturday and Sunday, both at 3:00 PM Remaining tickets can be purchased at Brown Paper Tickets. Thank you to Neke Carson and Jamaal Williams for these lovely production photos:
To purchase tickets for Handel’s Agrippina, January 16, 18, and 19, click… And in the meantime, we’d like to announce our first…official…public… And please SUPPORT operamission by making a tax-deductible contribution, thank you!
Tickets are on sale now at Brown Paper Tickets for operamission’s January 2014 production of George Frideric Handel’s AGRIPPINA libretto by Vincenzo Grimani three-act opera from Venice, 1709, HWV 6, sung in Italian, with baroque orchestra THREE PERFORMANCES ONLY – Thursday, … Continue reading
Currently entering its fifth season… operamission’s PERFORMANCE HISTORY March 1, 2009 – it is my song that’s flown… all new music, soprano Alissa Rose and pianist Jennifer Peterson. November 20, 2009 – HANDEL at the Gershwin, featuring Sharin Apostolou, Jennifer … Continue reading
Clint Borzoni and Edward Ficklin’s new full-length opera Antinous and Hadrian is out in the world…. operamission is proud, thrilled, and excited for this important opera’s future. The season continues right away! Friday and Saturday, September 13 and 14 at 8:00 … Continue reading
Antinous Act I: Christopher Sokolowski Act II: Tommy Wazelle Hadrian Cory Clines Sabina Act I: Kimberly Sogioka Act II: Stephanie McGuire Marcus Brian Mextorf Vera Elisabeth Turchi Phlegon Act I: Brennan Hall Act II: David Stanley Clara Caroline Worra High … Continue reading
Post-Rodrigo, many operamission events are simmering…stay tuned…. Click the backstage cast pic to see the gorgeous production photos by photographer Mallury Patrick Pollard… Dísella, Chris, Dan, John, Nicholas, and Madeline are awesome, as you can see (relieved to be done … Continue reading
Handel’s Rodrigo – contribute now! To purchase your tickets, just click on Tomi Um’s original illustration:And more information: PDF of Press Release and Complete Press Kit Click to view a PDF of the program, enjoy!
This blog entry is an ongoing in-depth interview between operamission’s director Jennifer Peterson and the two creators of a brand new full-length opera: Antinous and Hadrian, music by Clint Borzoni, libretto by Edward Ficklin. Read the interview below, and entries … Continue reading